Friday, 22 January 2010
Integrating - a time to just Be!
Today it is raining and I don't have to be anywhere, do anything or even say anything. Do I feel any resistance in this? Do I feel I should be doing something?
If the answer for you is yes then you still need to do some 'work'.
By 'work' I mean,'work-out' what it is that you need to do to get to the point of Be-ing!
Do the following holistic 'work-out' to get to the place of Be-ing;
1. Do you need to forgive someone? Forgive them! If you are finding it hard, work out why by following no. 2,(go to no. 4 if you are able to forgive now)
2. Are you angry with them or with yourself? If so, do something about it ( no physical attacks please) You can physically let it out by punching a pillow or a punching bag and/or write out how you feel - unedited. Make sure you tear the paper up and discard your rant.
3. Do you feel better? If not give your self some time-out. Distract yourself with something pleasurable and maybe try the exercise later.
4. If you feel better, then try forgiving again. Forgiveness basically is letting go. Not condoning what has been done to you or by you, but releasing the hold it has over you. You don't have to say anything in person, just choose to release the feeling and the memory from yourself.
5. After a big release you need some quiet time to just BE. This is simply what BE-ing means. You can not BE if you are full of pain and feelings of revenge. Now you can just BE in your new feeling.
6. When you are BE-ing, the learning from your experiences can be integrated into your BEING.
7. Congratulate yourself, treat yourself, you deserve it.
Like any work-out you need to incorporate it into your daily routine for it to show it's effects. Each day may bring up another person you need to forgive, or it may be the same person, depending on how hurt you feel. It may be a situation, an organisation, a habit. You can replace the word 'forgive' with release or let go if the word forgiveness brings up resistance.
I've been working-out for a while now, so today I am enjoying a guilt-free day of just Be-ing!